April 28th – 30th 2017
Visit Fferm Llwynifan Farm / South Wales Touring Park‘s very own Hywel and Old Oaks Camping & Glamping for the Grown Ups‘ James and Tara at the Tranquil Parks stand of the Chelston Motorhomes Ideal Home Show on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th April…
It’s the perfect day out for all you caravan enthusiasts out there! Hywel will be on the Tranquil Park stand on Saturday 29th of April.
Visit the Show Website http://www.idealmotorhomeexhibition.com
- March 2017
- Thank you to everyone who voted for us last year, we are delighted to once again be in the top 100 Sites listing.
- February 2017
Hywel will be at the Caravan camping and Motorhome show during the 23rd to the 26th of February. He will be on the Tranquil park stand.
- Please do call over to see him .
- January 2017
- We wish you all a happy new touring year. We officially re open on the
27th of February, but we are taking bookings now.
- Please do book as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment, as we do fill up quickly. We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you all during 2017.
- December 2016
- Merry Christms, Nadolig Llawen. From us all
- Miriam, Cari, Gavin, James, Cathrin Hywel and Mari (The Cat)
- November 2016
- In a glamorous event on the 28th of November at the Mercure Cardiff Holland house hotel we won the Welsh Hospitality awards for the Best Caravan site in Wales, we are over the moon with our award, thank you everyone who voted for us.
- October 2016
We close today (30th of October) for winter. We hope, if you stayed with us during 2016, that you enjoyed.
- We look forward to re opening on the 27th of February 2017. If you wish to stay with us during 2017, please book early to avoid disappointment. We are now taking bookings.
- September 2016
- We have been informed today (26th September) that we have been shortlisted as one of the finalists at The 1st ever Welsh Hospitality Awards 2016. These awards recognise, promote and celebrate the Hospitality Industry in Wales. Thank you to everyone who nominated us, it was a superb surprise 🙂
- July and August 2016
- We have been really busy, on our park, and we hope that everyone that has been to stay with us have enjoyed. Thank you to everyone who has left a review, on Trip advisor or UK Campsite.
- Hywel has been planning his jobs for winter, which includes laying new drains and installing new “dog escape proof fencing,” to improve our dog exercise field, we hope this work will start in September.
- June 2016
- Our late availability pages are up to date, we don’t have much space left between now and mid September. Please do have a look and call us if you wish to book a pitch! We hope where ever you go you have a superb tranquil holiday.
- May 2016
We have commissioned Rog Cartoons to create a series for us, showing what emotions our guests go through. Here is the first one in the series 🙂 We love the cat in the Motorhome! 🙂
- May 2016
We now have made available pitch no 17. Its a standard pitch, and is the closest pitch to the facilities. Its a hard standing pitch with electric hook up.
Our wi-fi is currently also being upgraded to ensure it delivers the best possible speed, and reliable service to all our pitches.
- March / April 2016
- Hywel attended the Caravan camping and motor home show, and was on the Tranquil Parks stand.
- Thank you to everyone who came up to have a chat, we hope you enjoyed the show.
We are delighted to have been included once again in the Top 100 Sites list. Thank you to everyone who voted for us, we really do appreciate it.
- February 7th 2016
- There are a number of attractions that unfortunately will not allow pets in. We however want you to enjoy all the attractions in the area, with out having to worry about your best four legged friend. We have teamed up with a local company, who will offer a dog/cat sitting service. They are fully insured! For further details please visit their website Click >> Home2home dog boarding
- February 4th 2016
- FREE INTERNET ACCESS. We have had our Super fast BT Infinity installed today, and we are currently having between 50mpbs to 80mpbs download speeds. Please see our T&Cs of use, These T&Cs will also be available in your Welcome pack.
- January 2016
Hywel went for a “run” up Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons 24Km in total
- It was apart of the Fan Dance Race Series.
- To find out more click HERE and it will open another page on the Tranquil Parks Website.
- December 2015
- A big “Thank you” to all the guests that came to stay with us during 2015, we had a busy year, and some brilliant feedback. We always appreciate it, as it gives us ideas on how to improve our small touring park.
- Therefore from us all at Llwynifan Farm, we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new touring 2016, Nadolig Llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda, we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
- 26th November 2015
- We are delighted to announce that we received the Gold award at last nights Carmarthenshire Tourist Association award ceremony.
- October 2015
- We are delighted to have been short listed for the Caravan and Glamping site of the year with the Carmarthenshire Tourist Association.
- September 2015
- We have installed solar panels, and are also in the process of chaining all our lights in the shower and toilet block to low energy LEDs.
- All the lights around the park are already LEDs
- August 2015
- We have had a busy August, and we really appreciate all the feedback we receive. To see the reviews on UK Campsite click HERE. To see the reviews on Trip Advisor click HERE. For other review websites click HERE.
- July 2015
- Thank you Mrs Lee for the brilliant review in the Motorhome Monthly Magazine this month.
We do our best to make sure everyone who stays here enjoy, and we really appreciate all the feedback we have. We are also constantly aiming to improve our small park. (Click on the image to make it larger, it will open a new window)
Further reviews can be found HERE.
- 14th June 2015
39 years ago Miriam, Glanville and a 3yr old Hywel moved out of their house in Swiss Valley (which was a modern new house, with all the modern essentials eg gas central heating and hot water) to the farm on the 14th June 1976.
The farm was a run down, small holding, every out building was in disrepair, and full of old rusting machinery, most of the machines didn’t work, the farm house needed extensive work. The farm started off with ten Cattle, chickens and a dog!
Then our father Glanville, decided to open a CL with the Caravan Club on site. The initial idea was that people would come here on the way to Ireland and Pembrokeshire, and so the 5 van CL was opened in 1978. It ended up however visitors came, and never wanted to leave! As a family caravanning wasn’t a new concept, as we had many happy holidays in our Thomson Glen caravan (Which we still have in the shed!)
As the years went by, the park changed, we installed electric hook ups, a toilet and shower block, seasonal pitches and turned all the pitches into hard standings.
Cathrin and Hywel (Sister and Brother) took over the park in 2011 and extended the site further, created 10 fully serviced pitches, the park now has 25 pitches in total. The shower and toilet block was upgraded, and the site is now Four Star Graded by Visit Wales, Three Pennant Gold by the AA, and has been voted as “Best small Site throughout the UK”
We look forward to seeing you.
We have once again decided to try for the top 100 sites awards. If you have stayed with us please do vote CLICK HERE Select from the drop down menu “Carmarthenshire” and then “South Wales Caravan Park”Thank you for your vote. 🙂
- We had some new photos taken during May, these will appear over the next couple of months in our newsletters and on our website. Thank you to everyone who agreed to have their photographs taken. Below are just some of the images. Thank you also TimJones Photography.
13th April 2015
- When you arrive at Llwynifan Farm, you will receive a “Welcome folder” in this folder we have useful information such as the suggested dog walk, nearest pub, Tourist information centre, and information about the farm itself. We have also now included two Welsh tea bags, so you can make a cup of tea after you settle in.
- 24th March 2015
- Hywel collected our AA 3 Pennant gold award certificate. 🙂
- We are really pleased with the award.
- 26th February 2015
- We are overjoyed to have been awarded the “Best small site 2015” award by Caravan site finder, Practical motorhome and Practical caravan readers. A big thank you to everyone who voted for us last year.
23rd February 2015
Hywel had a busy week in the Caravan Camping and motorhome show last week. Thank you everyone who called over to see him:) Please do book early to avoid disappointment.
15th January 2015
We are in Caravan Magazine (Page 79) “Love at first site. Small but perfectly formed. This month’s review features lovely little sites with fewer than 25 pitches” 🙂
- 28th November 2014
- We close this year at the end of November 🙁
- This doesn’t mean however that we hibernate, we will be re-paining the toilet block and showers, tarmac has been booked, and will be put down at the end of February. We will also be going through all the suggestions from this year and implementing what we can for 2015.
- We look forward to seeing you. Hywel and Cathrin.
- 24th October 2014
- Following all the feedback we received this year, we have just finished installing a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- We now also have improved ventilation for the shower block – the heat exchanger ventilation system will change the air in the shower block 12 times per hour, the system will exchange the heat from the indoor air, over to fresh air from out side, this warm fresh air will then be put back into the shower block.
- 12th September
- We are really pleased to announce, that following an inspection, that we are now apart of the Premier Parks Group for 2015. Our new fliers with this logo will be available on the Premier Stand in the Caravan, motor home and camping show NEC during October.
- 24th August 2014
We are a small touring park, we have however decided to try for the “Top 100 sites 2015” award. It is based on the size of the park so your vote will count, please therefore help us qualify for this award. How?1. Click HERE (It will open a new window)2. From the drop down list, select Carmarthenshire.3. Then Select “other” and type in “Llwynifan Farm”4. Complete the remainder of the form.Thank you 🙂
- 7th August 2014
- We are now taking bookings for 2015. Please do book early to avoid disappointment.
- 17th July 2014
- Our new You tube video is live 🙂 Watch it here
- June 20th 2014Our new Stone wall entrance has been completed today. We cant wait for the grass to grow. 🙂 Below is a Flickr image gallery of the entrance being created.
June 5th 2014 We are delighted to have been awarded a 3 Pennant (Gold) award by the Auto mobile Association. The grading officer had the following to say in his report -“In terms of AA Quality Standards, South Wales Caravan Park has achieved a Three Pennant rating, within the AA Caravan and Camping Scheme. The strenghts of this park are its overall physical standards, location and levels of customer care. I received a warm welcome from Hywel Davies, with a personal escort to allocated pitch and a full explanation of facilities. Pitches are situated on three terraced levels to maximise the stunning country views and sizes provide optimum privacy, with hard standing, grass area and fully serviced pitches also have to benefit of a picnic table. Grounds were immaculately maintained with neat lush grass, well-trimmed shrubs and pretty seasonal flowers combining to create an excellent first impression. Much of the flora and fauna has been recently planted and presentation can only improve further as it matures. the purpose built amenities block is very well equipped, spotlessly clean and extras include hand towels, quality hand wash and complimentary dish wash liquid. In addition to the recommended rating, an justifiably high AA Quality score of 90% will apply, resulting in this rating being shown as Three Gold Pennants”
We are in Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly magazine this month (Click on the image to see full view)
We have arranged this month to create a new promotional film for the park, we hope to film this in the next month or so, it will also have a piece showing how easy we are to get here from junction 48 of the M4. We are keeping the availability calendar on UK Campsite up to date, we have a few spaces left so please book as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. CLICK HERE to go to pitch up availability calendar
- March 2014
We would like to thank Gary and Sue for creating the YouTube video for us on Troserch Woods which is a short walk from the park. Below is the video they created. 🙂
- February 2014
We will be attending the Caravan and Camping show from the 18th to the 23rd of February. We will be on Stand no 4500 with Discover Carmarthenshire. Remember to call over, and enter the competition to win a weekend with us. 🙂
January 2014 Book to stay with us over March the 1st (St Davids Day) and receive Hywels favourite tipple, a miniature bottle of Merlin cream lequirHappy new year to you all. :)Bookings are coming in quickly, please book early in order to avoid disappointment.For up to date information on our site you can Like our Facebook page (Click below)ORJoin our mailing list by clicking on the button below
We look forward to seeing you during 2014 Hywel and Cathrin
December 2013 First of all we would like to thank all our guests that came to stay with us during 2013, we achieved so much in such a short period of time!As planned we are going to carry on with improving the caravan park during our closed period from now to February. We have loads going on, from the small suggestions such as extra hooks in the toilets through to improving the entrance walls, the slate signs have been on the floor in Hywels cow shed since February this year! So its about time we did something with them!Therefore from us all at Llwynifan Farm, we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new touring 2014, we look forward to seeing you all again.
November 2013 We are really pleased to announce, in a very glamorous award ceremony in Llandudno we were runners up in the in the “Best place to stay – Holiday Touring or camping park”Needless to say we are over the moon to have even been short listed, as the caravan parks we were up against where large, with hundreds of pitches, swimming pools, shops, pubs and shops etcWe have a lovely write up in the Awards booklet, and will constantly aim to improve what we have on our small tranquil 25 pitch park.As you all know, we like to know what you think, so for the next two months we are going to go through the suggestions sheets, and see what we can improve on for 2014. (Hywel thinks we need a swimming pool, but no one has even suggested that one!)—-At a very glamorous ceremony last night We were delighted to collect our Carmarthenshire Tourism bronze award. 🙂
-You can now join our e-mailing list – complete the form below. We do not “Sell” your information to anyone, and only send out a maximum of two e-mails in any one month. These include events that are happening in South West Wales, and any news we may have.
- October 2013
It has just been announced that we are now finalists in the Carmarthenshire Tourist Association, Caravan Camping and Holiday park of the year category. Crossing our fingers and toes! 🙂
400 Shrubs have just been planted, we are just waiting for them to grow now! Should look good for 2014! 🙂 We are also expecting some “Bare root trees” to be delivered towards the middle / end of November, these will be planted in the field, ideal dog walking area when the cows are not here 🙂
We are pleased to announce that we are now affiliated members of the Tranquil Touring parks. We are the 30th member park in the adult only touring park group, and the only member in South West Wales.CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR LISTING WITH THEM
17th June 2013
We have been to the Launch of the Wales Tourism Strategy today, at the event they announced the top three businesses of each category for the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2013, this was short listed out of 420 businesses in total.WE ARE IN THE TOP THREE FOR THE BEST PLACE TO STAY- HOLIDAY TOURING OR CAMPING PARK. The way this category is described is below.“This award will be given to the best accommodation in Wales; unique, innovative, high quality places to stay that offer visitors a truly memorable experience. This category is open to all Visit Wales graded accommodation or to businesses that are part of a National Quality Assurance Scheme e.g. The AA.Each category winner will be an exemplar business offering the very best in quality in all aspects of a visitor’s experience. We’re looking for businesses that are breaking new ground in customer service, comfort and hospitality.We want to see evidence of great value for money, attention to detail, impeccable and friendly customer service, high standards of furnishings and fittings and a willingness to go that extra mile to ensure that all visitors have a visit to remember.”The over all winner will be announced on Thursday 21 November 2013 at Venue Cymru in Llandudno. We are crossing EVERYTHING NOW!—-We have just been informed that we are in the penultimate round of judging for the “Best Place to Stay – Holiday, Touring or Camping Park category” in the National Tourism Awards for Wales 2013. Interviews will take part within the next couple of weeks 🙂 Crossing all our fingers here!
- May 2013
- Visit Wales Grading
We have just had our unannounced grading visit from Visit Wales. We are pleased to announce that we are now a Four Star Touring Caravan Park 🙂
- We can now offer a Laundry and Ironing Service
We have teamed up with a local Laundry and ironing service provider, following feedback from our guests so far this year, and can now offer a laundry service. Your washing will be collected, washed dried and if you wish ironed, and will then be returned to your van! further information is available in the Welcome pack.We are fully booked for May bank holiday! The remainder of May is also filling up nicely. Please do book early to avoid disappointment.
- April 2013
We would like to welcome the 8 cyclists that are going round the Whole of Wales in order to raise money for Cancer Research. They are heading to St Davids Tomorrow! All the best from us all at Llwynifan Farm.This is the link to their fundraising page —We have had some lovely feedback forms returned to us from our visitors that stayed here over Easter. They include1. One of the best sites we have visited in 40 years of caravanning and camping, I have not seen a site kept so clean! (Mr & Mrs C)2. Peace and quiet, very good views, friendly welcome, well equipped facilities. (Mr H)3. Lovely views from our motor home, heated loos! Very friendly welcome when we arrived which is most important. The chocolate Caravan was nice touch – enjoyed!! We can not think of any improvements to your site 10/10 (Mrs & Mrs W):) They all seem to follow the same pattern! we hope to keep on improving, and meeting expectations.
- March 2013
We have decided that Each caravan staying with us over Easter should have some chocolate, we therefore asked our friends in Heavenly to create a chocolate caravan! 🙂 looks awesome!We now have a Caravan park map CLICK HERE to view the map.We are full for Easter 🙂 first time for us to have all our serviced pitches full. We look forward to seeing everyone. Other bank holidays are filling up quickly also!
- February 2013
Our newly refurbished toilet and shower block is now open. We are really pleased with the finished product. The toilet block even has under floor heating, and the shower rooms hair dryers.
- January 2013
Happy new touring year to you all 🙂 We hope that 2013 will be a sunny one, but just in case we have some drizzle we are making all our pitches hard standing.
December 2012Our new credit / debit card machine has turned up, and is now working 🙂 we can now take your deposits, and payments using Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron and JCBNovember 2012 to February 2013We have closed for winter 🙁 However the upgrading work is going on well, and we look forward to our new look park re opening on March the 1st 2013 🙂 Please don’t forget to book early, as we do tend to fill up quickly especially during the summer months. We look forward to seeing you soon.Hywel and Cathrin
- August 29th August
We did a video a while back with Visit Wales, for our computer diagnostics, it is now live! have a look at the link below.CLICK HERE FOR THE YOU TUBE VIDEO
- August 22nd 2012
Below are the plans for the new heated shower, toilet block and small gym.
- August 14th 2012
Our first Gigapan is up and running 🙂 We hope to do more as the site develops. It gives you an idea of the scenery you can have from your Van. Please note this is before our digger turns up to level off the new pitches! CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR GIGAPAN
- August 2012
- 29th July 2012
The Fence is in!
- 21st July 2012
Work has begun on our new pitches, first stop, working out where the posts go! The Black fence posts show where the road goes. We also tried out our newest pitch. These will be hard standing by 2013, and made more level.
- 5th July 2012
We had a day of interviews and Filming here on Thursday 5th of July. It was for the ICT Diagnostics we had done a while back, which helped us set up our new web site, and do a whole load of other Computer / IT clever stuff! A big thank you to the Digital Tourism Project from us all at Llwynifan Farm.
- June 2012
We have just been given planning permission to extend our site. We will have pitches for fifteen touring vans, ten seasonal pitches. We also have permission for two log pods, so yo will be able to bring your non caravanning friends along! Work starts soon!
May 2012 We are delighted to announce that Visit Wales have graded our site three stars. We were told that the site was well kept with clean facilities. Next year we are aiming for Four stars. We were 2% points from being a four Star! Watch this space!